Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Some say Atlanta...

“Some say Atlanta…
some say New York…
some say Paris, France but…
Who knows… where this flower… grows” – André 3000

Just a short entry this week as I am preparing to enjoy my Holiday weekend with some family here in Atlanta, and some good friends down in Florida. This past weekend I sprained my foot going down some stairs (don’t ask) and missed the U2 concert because of it. Not wanting to take the time off from work, I drove my parent’s car to work so I wouldn’t have to mess with the clutch since my injured foot would be pressing the clutch all day long. I had been driving their car for three days when I noticed there was a CD in the CD player. I decided to play it not knowing what my folks had been listening to last. I was expecting some Smokey Robinson (he shares birthdays with my mother) or some Moody Blues or some other classic rock band…

I almost hit a car laughing as the intro to “The Love Below” started playing. All I can say is don’t sleep on my parents. I won’t expect any G-Unit or Yin Yang Twinz in there anytime soon (Eminem might get a little airplay actually), but I definitely won’t be making anymore assumptions about my parent’s musical preferences.

Thanks to all of you that have been checking in and reading my random rants – please have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: