Tuesday, November 15, 2005

“Hit the road Jack – and don’t cha come back no more no more no more no more…” – Ray Charles

We all have experienced our share of road rage – both sides of it… When someone does something stupid, all you want to see is a police officer. This morning, my wish came true when this guy in a minivan jumps into the HOV lane, slowing down traffic for us in the lane already (my mother was traveling with me in case you’re wondering what I’m doing in the HOV lane). This guy slows down traffic again less than half a mile later as he tries to get out of the HOV lane as he spots a police officer sitting next to the retaining wall.

Fate would have it that the officer would need to get on the highway – and yours truly just happened to be in position to let him back on the highway, and once again to let him back off the highway as he pulled the minivan over.

I hope the HOV Violation ticket is worth the extra 45 seconds the minivan driver saved by impeding everyone in the carpool lane. Now I realize that I’m not one to talk considering the number of speeding tickets and other various infractions I have on my record, but the fact still remains – 75/85 in the morning is going to be packed unless it’s a weekend morning or a holiday. If you can’t get someone to ride with you so you can use the HOV lane, plan accordingly and either leave earlier and/or learn how to take the back streets. Take some time and surf Mapquest or something instead of Tiffany’s website looking at jewelry you can’t afford in the first place. Whatever you do, keep your butt out of the HOV lane unless you meet the requirements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you is crazy. but i can totally understand what you mean.